Soundtrack: Mika (feat Pharrel), Celebrate
Youtube
Spotify
Remember guys we are here to say : "TAKE IT EASY!"
Ok, let's do this: my journey around Italy started with taking the plane from NYC. I have to say that one year ago I was so excited just at the idea of seeing New York. Now that I have been so many times in every season (twice in Brooklyn which is far better than Manhattan for me) it is weird to think that this is just another airport of my life. But let's stay focus on the main reason of the post (for once). Well if you don't know I will explain you that getting to JFK can take almost 2 HOURS, even more if you are in upper Manhattan. You have to reach Jamaica Station and then take the airtrain. I know it sounds very easy...but try to do this with a huge suitcase, a backpack bigger than you and with -10 C degrees outside. If you already travel from this city you should remember the best part: the view from the train...
you can appreciate the skyline and if it's sunset time even better. But my happy face just vanished once I have realized where the line for security check started. I've waited the first 45 minutes without having any trouble. And then 5...5 people have tried to jump the line just smiling in the process. So I thought that probably they were just confused about the starting point of the line and needed indications and everybody knows how polite I am so I've kindly helped them to find the RIGHT STARTING POINT, you know what I mean... this episode made me friends with the couple behind me. They were from South Africa but in California for living and were coming back from Zurich! Wow maybe worse than me!
After almost 9 hours without sleeping, 3 meals and no phone network I landed in Milan.
Just the time to say "see you very soon" and I caught the train for Rome. The city seemed waiting for me, so the party at my friend's place. After some bottles of wine and the Birthday cake we went out to an historical place in Rome.
We danced and twisted all night long! The next day a wonderful warm sun woke me up and that sun became our mate during the scouting of the city. I had already decided what I wanted too see before so we started with "Piazza di Spagna" and the lights of "Via del Corso".

We enjoyed the enjoy service a new way of moving in the city powered by Eni. Basically it is a brand new service of car sharing: you can reserve a car of the enjoy service using an app on the phone (after an online registration) and then you can leave the car in every point of the city included in the range of the service without paying the park (I used enjoy cars both in Rome and Milan). It is very cheap and very easy to use and in this way every person can be free to move especially in Rome where the subway is...let's say hilarious. But if you have no battery phone can be a problem... so when at 6 am we found out that and far from our beds we took the night bus and walked...we went to sleep almost at 8 am after a huge breakfast and the last toast.
If you scroll you will see how the enjoy cars look like: they are very simple to recognize.
Of course we decided to go to dance! Another place that I wanted to see sooooo bad: the Circolo degli Artisti. Do you want to know why??
I know they are in Italian but try to translate..they are geniuses!!!! this is culture guys...and btw I loved that place!
Of course I am joking this is one of my personal favourite Italian items (besides my Vespa, Michelle). This is the real look of every enjoy car, so if you go to Milan or Rome and you don't know hoe to move,just google enjoy car sharing (there is a GPS inside every car):
Soundtrack: Matia Bazar, Vacanze romane
Youtube
Spotify
The day after and my last one in Rome we spent the time discovering one of my favorite artist in Italian art history: Michelangelo Merisi called Caravaggio (wiki).
For those that don't know this name I will explain something about the revolution that he took inside the art. First of all he rocked the world: he had troubles with the law and fled from Rome because of a murder that he committed. So he was very different from other famous artists, his nature was not calm at all. In Rome he had the time for 2 masterpieces: "The calling of Saint Matthew" and the "Conversion of Saint Paul". In this 2 paintings there is all the power of Caravaggio style: the meaning of the light.
And there is for the first time realism in the scenes. This was a revolution for such a pubblic rappresentation of the church. I always wanted to see them since I was in high school but last time that I was in Rome I literally did not have the time (Villa Borghese took all of it). This time became my new chance to see them and to enjoy the delight of something that I call perfection.
The rest of the day we went to the Pincio (because even if I don't seem I am veeeery romantic), cafè at Giolitti (another place that everyone knows in Rome), Colonna Plaza, Trajan's Column (that is a tale about the Trajan's campaign in Dacia...trust me if you had translate from Latin the history like me you would be excited like I was), Piazza Navona with its carousel (and of course we rided it) and much more



.

Last night...no dance (I had slept like 11 hours in 3 days)... do you what I love more than art, more than music, more than science maybe? FOOD. Yes for me it is like a mission try to eat something good that tells you a story. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc69QvZNUy4) And we were in Rome...time for cacio pepe!!!! Rome is best known for its trattorie, and I didn't eat real pasta since...May! So we decided to go in Testaccio neighborhood to "Felice". I ate so much that the waiter was shocked and told me at the end of the dinner that I was worse than many men, in Italian: "stasera hai dato du piste a morti uomini qui ddentro!". Our menù: cacio pepe (pasta), bucatini all'amatriciana (pasta), saltimbocca alla romana, involtino di carne, patate arrosto, puntarelle, tiramisù, digestivo.
The best goodbye that I can think about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLd3PzK-Gc
I have done everything that I wanted so a little bit sad I took the plane for my beloved Sardinia, my second stop, but this is another story.

















